YHWH
spoke to the runaway shepherd-prince
said I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am
echoed through the desert valley
eternal
urgent
sure
said I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am that I Am
knew who He was
I, on the other hand,
am not
that adept
at living
sure
simple
present
I tried to keep plain
but overshot the desert
moved to the suburbs
bought a house
hung curtains
planted lavender
birthed babies
I am not I Am
I do not Be
Simple present does not satisfy
I have been
and those I am from
remain there
I will be
and I will be
I need a gerund
an –ing
movement
Not
urban
neon
transcontinental
Just walking
or running through parking lots
grateful for legs
I am turning a page
holding the corner
ready for the next
calligraphied T
and the indent
I am roles and titles
goals and letters
counting
Teacher-Wife
Student-Mother
Participant
I am that
not barefoot
on burning sand
but standing
with a wooden toe
on a spire
I -ing
Sunday, May 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment